Monday, August 12, 2013

Argentina Trip: Day 6

We finally got up in time to eat  the breakfast they serve at the hotel.  After packing things up and checking out, Patricia picked us up around 10:30 am and we went to her house for second breakfast (máte and facturas). About an hour later, we went to Emilio's house (uncle on mom's side-Are) and ate lunch.  Walking through the front door was pie comedy;  there was literally a line of about 6 dogs and puppies and 4 cats.  Just waiting there.

Lunch consisted of around four courses of pork.  It was delicious.  People kept funneling in as we ate.  They have three or four kids, plus a couple friends, Miguel showed up.  Cynthia's grandparents appeared, another uncle.  It is heartwarming to see family so open and welcoming.

We stayed and chatted for a while and then walked back to Patricia's.  We spent the afternoon sitting in the front yard driving máte and sharing stories.  The sun was out and it was a beautiful day.  Cynthia and I took turns driving the moto scooter.  She because she wanted to, me to prove I could.

We wandered inside Patricia's house and the women painted fingernails and Miguel and I watched golf.  Cynthia came and got me later to meet the father of one of her friends.  He was really nice, everyone was, really.

We eventually made it to the bus terminal and there met up with the Gervazoni family, Emilio's family, and pretty much all the relative near Patricia's house.  We took pictures, said our goodbyes and got on the bus.

I'm going to miss these people.  A week ago I didn't know them.  Cynthia talked about them, but when we were planning on taking a trip to Argentina, we didn't really plan on making a stop in Resistencia.  What a mistake that would have been.  If we could do it again, I would have planned for a full week here.  Even though my head hurts from speaking Spanish so much, meeting so many new faces and trying (failing) to remember names,  it was such and awesome past few days.

I do look forward to relaxing in Mar Del Plata tomorrow,  but there will probably be a lot less memorization as I know a lot of the people already.

Right now I'm a little sick from reading subtitles on the movie playing here in our VIP seats on the bus, so until next time.

0 Comments: