Friday, August 16, 2013

Argentina Trip: Day 10

I woke up around 10am today.  Cynthia was up and Maria and a friend were here already.  Cynthia was getting her nails done and that lasted for another 4 hours.  I spent that time getting my cell phone finally figured out and now I can make and receive calls and texts.  I ended up having to ditch CyanogenMod.  It may be compatible, but switching ROMS did the trick when messing with the settings did not.

For future reference, I'm using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4.  This phone is not unlocked.  I was able to procure a SIM with a prepaid plan.  I pay 2 pesos a day for internet...  The exchange rate is 5.5 pesos to 1 dollar,  so it's pretty good.  The internet isn't very fast, but it's good enough.  I am not using the stock Verizon/Samsung ROM.  I am using a ROM ported from the Samsung Galaxy S4 sold via the Play store.  I needed to create 2 APNs (one for internet and one for MMS).  I used an app (Tweakker) to get the APN info, but it was easily found in an XDA thread.  I put $80 pesos on the SIM card and got a $40 peso credit in addition due to a promotion.

Anyway, Mabel stopped by around noon or so and after the manicure was complete, we ate a quick lunch of milanesa, puré de papas (mashed potatoes) and rice.

After lunch, we stuck around until Miguel Angel stopped by to pick us up.  We drove by his work (he needed to give something to a fellow worker) and we checked out the golf course from the club house... in the dark.  So not a lot.

We soon drove towards the Fernandez homestead, stopping at a small shop, and then arriving in time to see the Patania family for a brief moment before entering the house to hang out.

The evening consisted of some light video gaming, messing with cell phones, talking, and eating some awesome pizzas.  We left around 11pm.

So not a whole lot happened today.  But it was super windy so going out wasn't very appealing.

0 Comments: